Regulatory Relations, Compliance and Enforcement
Mr. Heitz helps banks and financial institutions ensure compliance with a myriad of state and federal regulations that govern their day-to-day operations. He regularly represents clients in their dealings with regulators, examiners and agencies in compliance and supervisory issues and other matters involving:
- Strategic ownership issues
- Capital issues
- Crisis management and recovery
- Business and consumer banking
- Branch banking operations, check clearing and funds availability
- Due diligence and adherence to accepted standards of credit analysis, policy and procedure
- Payday lending strategies and related loan policies and procedures,
- Experience in the formation and operations of Credit Services Organizations (CSO’S) under Texas law.
- Consulting support in development of payroll debit card services and overdraft programs
- Organization of de novo banks
- Branch conversions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Truth-in-lending, truth-in-savings, deposit disclosure and other consumer-protection issues
Assignments include interaction with the Comptroller of the Currency, the FDIC, the Federal Reserve Board, the Office of Thrift Supervision, and various State Banking Departments.